Tier price in Magento lets you offer a quantity discount from the catalog list and product detail pages. You can apply the discount to a specific store view or customer group.
Tier Price in Magento
Tier Price “As Low as”
- On the catalog page, the product price includes the words, “As Low As,” followed by the lowest tier price.
- On the product page, the calculated quantity discount has the message:
Buy 2 for $__._ each and save _%
The prices in the storefront take precedence from the highest to the lowest quantity. Therefore, if you have a tier for the quantity 5 and one for the quantity 10 and a customer adds 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9 items to the shopping cart, then the customer receives the discount price that you specified for the quantity 5 tier. As soon as the customer adds the 10th item, the discounted price specified for the quantity 10 tier supersedes the quantity 5 tier and that discounted price (of 10) applies instead.
Tier Price on Product Page
To display a tier price perform the following steps:
- In the Product Information panel on the left, select Prices.
- In the Tier Price section, click the Add Tier button. Then, do the following:
- Select the Website to which the tier pricing applies.
- Select the Customer Group for whom the tier pricing is available.
To apply a tier to multiple groups, but not all groups, create multiple tiers, each with the same Qty and Price information and select a different customer group for each.
- In the Qty field, enter the quantity someone must order to receive the discount.
- In the Price field, enter the adjusted price of the item.
- When complete, click the Save button.
- There will be a prompt to update the cache and indexes. Follow the instructions in the message at the top of the workspace.
Topics in the Products section include the following:
- Product Information and Creation
- Inventory: Introduction and Setup
- Inventory: Managing Stock
- Inventory: Stock Availability Messages
- Inventory: Out of Stock Threshold
- Inventory: Products Alerts
- Product Pricing: Price Section
- Product Pricing: Special Price Section
- Product Pricing: Tier Price Section
- Product Pricing: Package Price Section
- Product Pricing: Minimum Advertised Price Section
- Product Pricing: Product Group Price Section
- Product Images
If you have any questions about using or upgrading to Magento, or even converting to responsive design for your existing website, do not hesitate to contact us.