Unlike a unit price, a package price in Magento refers to multiple items of the same product that are packaged together and sold as a single unit. For example, a six-pack of soft drinks is package pricing.
Package Price in Magento
How to sell multiple products as a package
The following is a step-by-step process on how to sell multiple products as a package:
- On the Admin menu, select Catalog > Manage Products.
- In the list, click to select the product you want to sell as a package.
- In the Product Information panel on the left, select Inventory. Then, do the following:
a. Set Qty for Item’s Status to Become Out of Stock to the lowest inventory threshold for this item. (If necessary, clear the Use Config Settings checkbox.)
The number should be a multiple of the number of items in the package. For example, for a six-pack, the threshold might be 6, 12, 18, and so on.
b. Set Enable Qty Increments to “Yes.”
c. Then, set Qty Increments to the number of units included in the package. For example, 6.
- When complete, click the Save Config button.
Topics in the Products section include the following:
- Product Information and Creation
- Inventory: Introduction and Setup
- Inventory: Managing Stock
- Inventory: Stock Availability Messages
- Inventory: Out of Stock Threshold
- Inventory: Products Alerts
- Product Pricing: Price Section
- Product Pricing: Special Price Section
- Product Pricing: Tier Price Section
- Product Pricing: Package Price Section
- Product Pricing: Minimum Advertised Price Section
- Product Pricing: Product Group Price Section
- Product Images
If you have any questions about using or upgrading to Magento, or even converting to responsive design for your existing website, do not hesitate to contact us.