Hidden Categories in Magento
There are many ways to use hidden categories. You might want to create additional category levels for your own internal purposes, but show only the higher-level categories to your customers. Or, you might want to link to a category that is not included in the navigation menu.
To create hidden categories:
- On the Admin menu, select Catalog > Manage Categories.
- In the category tree, select the category you want to hide.
- On the General Information tab, do the following:
- Set Is Active to “No.”
- Set Include in Navigation Menu to “No.”
- On the Display Settings tab, set Is Anchor to “No.”
- Although the category is hidden, you can still create additional subcategories beneath it, and make them active. Complete the following settings for each hidden subcategory:
- On the General Information tab, set Is Active to “Yes.”
- On the Display Settings tab, set Is Anchor to “Yes.”
- As active categories, you can now link to them from other places in your store, but they will not appear in the navigation menu.
- 6. When complete, click the Save Category button.
Topics in the Category section:
- Creating Categories
- Modifying Categories
- Root Categories
- General Information
- Display Settings
- Custom Design
- Category Products
If you have any questions about using or upgrading to Magento, or even converting to responsive design for your existing website, do not hesitate to contact us.