Creating Downloadable Products in Magento 2
Select the Product Type
- Log into the Admin dashboard and click on Products. Then, click Catalog.
- Click on the Add Product menu in the upper-right hand corner and select Downloadable Product.
Select the Product Template (Optional)
Follow one of two ways to select the product template for Downloadable Products:
- Enter the needed name of the template in the Search box under the Attribute Set.
- Select one of the templates you want to use from the list if available.
Fill Out the Required Fields
In the Product Detail section, perform the following:
- Enter the Name.
- You can use the default SKU for the product, or offer another value.
- Enter the Price.
- Enter the Quantity of the product.
- Skip the Weight field. Mark This item has no weight, if necessary.
- Enter to Color.
- Set the Tax Class as either None or Taxable Goods.
Fill Out the Remaining Product Details
- Add an image for the product group by following one of two options:
- Follow one of the options below to assign the product to a Category:
- Fill out the Product Description.
Fill Out the Downloadable Information
The Downloadable Information is divided into two sections. The first section is a link for the download, while the second section describes each sample file. The default value for many of these options can be set in the configuration.
Downloadable Information: Links
- Enter the Title in the Links section. This will be the heading for the downloadable links you want to use.
- To offer single or multiple downloadable links, set Links Can Be Purchased Separately.
- Click Add New Link. Then, perform the following steps:
- Enter the Title and Price of the download.
- Choose distribution methods as needed: Attach File (File) or Enter Link (URL).
- Select Yes for the Shareable if you want customers to login to their account before accessing the download link. If you choose No, your customers will get a link via their email and enables them to share with others.
- Do one of the following options:
Downloadable Information: Samples
- Enter the Title in the Samples section. This will be the heading for the samples you want to use.
- Click Add New Link to fill out the sample information.
- Enter the Title of the individual sample.
- Choose the distribution methods you need: Attach File (File) or Enter Link (URL).
- Letters and numbers are acceptable for Downloadable Product file names. You can utilize either a dash or a underscore character to represent a space between words. Any invalid characters in the file name are replaced with an underscore.
- Click Add New Link again.
- Repeat the above steps as needed to add others.
- You can change the order of the samples by dragging to a new position with the sort icon.
- Click Save.
- You can view this product in your store by clicking on the Admin menu and choosing Custom View.
If you are still unsure on how to create Downloadable Products in Magento 2 or are interested in our Magento Hosting services, contact us here at Centennial Arts with the link below!